We are Sacred Heart School in Effingham, Illinois, and we welcome you to join our school family. Students at Sacred Heart learn, play, grow, and excel in a caring, personal environment where we nurture love of God, love of one another and love of learning.
Discover the Difference at Sacred Heart School.
Discover the Difference at a school where Christ is the center of all that we do.
Discover the Difference at a school where your child's morals and values are reinforced.
Discover the Difference at a school with small class sizes, disciplined learning environment, and an emphasis on technology.
Discover the Difference .....
- All subjects taught from a Christian perspective, and the presence of Christ is felt throughout our school. Family is upheld as the number one institution of society.
- Mentor program with seventh and eighth grade students mentoring our kindergarten and first grade students, joining them at mass, reading stories together, making projects together, and becoming buddies for years to come.
- Comprehensive language arts program including Spanish at every grade level.
- Discipline maintained in the classroom, on the playground, and in all extra-curricular activities.
- Fine arts program with annual Art Fair.
- Technology integrated into K-8 daily lessons with 1:1 Chromebook or iPad ratio for grades 1-8.
- Music education including band for grades 5-8
- Extra-curricular activities (some beginning as early as 5th grade) including basketball, volleyball, baseball, golf, track, cross country, cheerleading, scholar bowl, and student council.
- Extensive security measures in place for student and staff safety.
Enrollment begins in early spring for our Preschool, Kindergarten, and Grade 1-8 programs. Transfer students are welcome at any time throughout the year.
Families of all faiths are welcome. Join our Sacred Heart School family today!