Stewardship in Action
As Catholics, we are called to understand and recognize that we do not own the gifts God gives to us but rather we are only the earthly stewards of those gifts. We receive these gifts so that we can do God's work here on earth. This is how we put stewardship into action.
- Acknowledging God as Creator and Giver of all gifts.
- Living each day in gratitude for all the blessings that God has given to us.
- Responsibly managing our God-given resources of time, talent, and treasure through the following:
- Prayer - Spend time with God in daily prayer and at weekly Mass.
- Participate - Participate in our parish ministries and events, helping bring other closer to Christ.
- Generosity - Generously share your blessings with a grateful heart, knowing the Lord promises to richly bless you.
- Being a disciple of Jesus who "Receives God's gifts gratefully, cherishes and tends them in a responsible and accountable manner, shares them in justice and love with others and returns them with increase to the Lord."
A Way of Life
As true disciples of the Lord, we are motivated to share our time, talent and treasure with the Church and with other worthy causes from a deep sense of gratitude and in a planned, proportionate and sacrificial manner. Stewardship is not a new parish initiative or program that will soon be replaced with something else. Stewardship is a way of life that enhances our relationship with God and with one another.
Stewardship is a way of life that enhances our relationship with God and with one another.