Details about our standardized dress code are listed below.
- Dress code includes a Sacred Heart School polo shirt (short or long sleeve) and / or a pull-over (long sleeve).
- Upper-body apparel comes in colors of green, black, and grey, and is available for purchase from JEDCO Sales, located at 2313 Hoffman Drive (across from Dan Hecht Chevrolet) here in Effingham.
- JEDCO offers online ordering at www.jedcosales.com. Simply click on "stores" and select Sacred Heart School. The site is complete with photos, sizing and color options, and detailed information regarding each apparel item. Lead time on most items is two weeks.
- We strongly encourage you to visit the JEDCO store for accurate sizing – especially for your first order – as items cannot be returned after being customized.
- Jeans, dress slacks, shorts, and girls' skirts are all acceptable. They should be free of stains, rips, tears, or frayed material. Tight-fitting pants and skirts are prohibited. Jeans, denim or any other color, cannot be worn on church day.
- Friday Spirit Day: Friday is our green-and-white spirit day! In place of SHS-approved polos or pullovers, students may wear a Sacred Heart t-shirt or sweatshirt on Fridays. The shirt must say Sacred Heart, SHS, or Shamrocks.
For a complete description of our school dress code, please review our student handbook. Contact the school office at (217) 342-4060 for a copy of the handbook or if you have any questions regarding the standardized dress code.