Help a Sacred Heart School Family (by donating to Empower Illinois) and Receive a 75% State Tax Credit!
To parishioners and friends of Sacred Heart School: We would like to ask for your consideration in donating to Empower Illinois, a scholarship granting organization related to the Invest in Kids Act.
- In August of 2017, the Illinois legislature passed the Invest in Kids Act to help provide families, who meet income requirements and complete an application process, with scholarships to attend private/parochial schools. These scholarships are funded by donations made through Empower Illinois, a scholarship granting organization connected with the Invest in Kids Act.
- To encourage participation in this program, donors are eligible to receive a 75% state tax credit!!
- For example, a donation of $4,000 would reduce your Illinois tax liability by $3,000, resulting in an “out of pocket” cost of only $1,000!
- When donating, you have the opportunity to select Sacred Heart School, thereby guaranteeing your money will directly help a Sacred Heart School family.
Donating is Easy!
- For detailed instructions on how to donate, please go to the Empower website (www.empowerillinois.org).
- On the home page you will see “ENGAGE – DONATE – APPLY– PARTNER”.
- Click on DONATE. Then go down that page to HELPFUL RESOURCES.
- Click “How to Donate Step‐By‐Step Guide”. There you will find very helpful detailed instructions on how to donate.
- If you need help or have questions, please contact our parish office at 217.347.7177. We will be more than happy to explain the process in more detail and/or assist with getting your donation secured.
Your Donation Makes a Difference!
- For the 2020-21 school year, all Sacred Heart School families who applied and qualified for Empower Illinois received their allotted assistance. This was a huge help for these families! Thank you to all of the donors who made this possible!
- If donations come in after all qualifying families have received assistance during that school year, those donations rollover to the next school year in order to help more families!
- If you have already donated, your generous act of love and sharing is truly appreciated!