Help a Sacred Heart School Family (by donating to Empower Illinois) and Receive a 75% State Tax Credit!
- In August of 2017, the Illinois legislature passed the Invest in Kids Act to help provide families, who meet income requirements and complete an application process, with scholarships to attend private/parochial schools. These scholarships are funded by donations made through Empower Illinois, a scholarship granting organization connected with the Invest in Kids Act.
- To encourage participation in this program, donors are eligible to receive a 75% state tax credit!!
- For example, a donation of $4,000 would reduce your Illinois tax liability by $3,000, resulting in an “out of pocket” cost of only $1,000!
- When donating, you have the opportunity to select Sacred Heart School, thereby guaranteeing your money will directly help a Sacred Heart School family.
Donating is Easy!
- For detailed instructions on how to donate, please go to the Empower website (www.empowerillinois.org). On the home page you will see “ENGAGE – DONATE – APPLY– PARTNER”.
- Click on DONATE. Then go down that page to HELPFUL RESOURCES.
- Click “How to Donate Step‐By‐Step Guide”. There you will find very helpful detailed instructions on how to donate.
- If you wish to donate and have any questions at all, please contact our parish office at 217.347.7177. We will be more than happy to explain the process in more detail and/or assist with getting your donation secured.
Your Donation Makes a Difference!
- For the 2020-21 school year, all Sacred Heart School families who applied and qualified for Empower Illinois received their allotted assistance. This was a huge help for these families! Thank you to all of the donors who made this possible!
- If donations come in after all qualifying families have received assistance during that school year, those donations rollover to the next school year in order to help more families!
- If you have already donated, your generous act of love and sharing is truly appreciated!